Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu
May peace be upon you, and God's mercy and blessings
- Dhul-Qadah 9, 1441 / Wednesday July 1st (Canada Day) Seerah (life of Prophet Muhammed) #5, pre-recorded, is now online. Next Live Stream is Sunday at 11:30am on Aqeedah. These lectures are very important to solidify our Iman, inshaAllah. Click here to view live stream.
- If you forget to bring your mask to the Masjid, please wait outside and ask for help for those entering the masjid. If you forget to bring your prayer matt, there are plastic prayer matts inside ( please take these prayer matts home with you ). Follow all the guidelines carefully and make dua for safety.
O Allah, I ask You for forgiveness and well-being in (the life of) the World and in (the life of) the Hereafter. Allahumma inni as’alukal-‘afwa wal-‘afiyah fid-dunya wal-akhirah.
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ
- Sahih authentic supplication of Prophet Muhammad from Hadith book Ibn Majah and Sunan Abu Dawud.
Guidelines for Masjid Re-opening Stage
To enter the Masjid, it is compulsory to have a mask, prayer matt, and to peform wudu at home.
Insha Allah 5 daily prayers in the Masjid are starting with Fajr prayer at 5am on Friday June 12th. It is with great joy that we look forward to welcoming all of you once again at the Masjid. This is a fantastic news, as we have all missed congregational prayers for the last 3 months. The regular prayers will be done within 10 minutes, and then please leave the Masjid promptly while maintaining physical distances. Please pray any sunnah or nafl prayers at home.
Guidelines for all prayers (including Jumu'ah) at the Masjid
Your safety and well-being remain our top priority, and as such, we have put in place certain measures to ensure the health and well-being of our congregants in an effort to reduce and eliminate the possibility of the spread of the virus. We count on your continued cooperation and patience during the next few weeks as we implement these protocols. Additional information specific to Jummu'ah is in the next section - please continue reading.
The following restrictions need to be maintained as per public health guidelines:
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of illness should not attend (fever, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, etc), even if it is a mild cold.
- Those with weak immune systems and those with with chronic medical conditions (emphysema, diabetes, asthma, heart condition, COPD, etc) should stay at home.
- We highly recommend that elders with any medical condition and children under 14 years old not attend and pray at home.
- Bring your own mask and wear it at all times. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask, please pray at home.
- Bring your own prayer mat to use.Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit.
- Please pray at the marked positions only, and maintain 2 meter distancing: no handshaking or hugging.
- We highly recommend that sisters pray at home.
- Come with Wudu from home. Washrooms can be opened by volunteers only for emergencies.
- Please leave the Masjid property and parking lot promptly after end of congregational prayers. No socializing or hanging out please, and pray sunnah prayers at home.
The volunteers at the masjid intend to do their best to enforce the social distancing rules, mask wearing, and sanitization guidelines. Anyone not following these rules will be reported to authorities and is putting the entire congregation at risk.
Disclaimer While safety of the community is of utmost priority, there is still some risk present with visiting the Masjid. Each individual bears responsibility for their own actions and the Masjid or its management will not be held liable for any complications arising from your visit to the Masjid.
Jumu'ah prayer on June 12th and onward
Our Jumu'ah guideline continues unchanged from June 12th until further notice:
- First-Come first-serve basis: only first 200 people will be allowed to enter the Masjid. Please follow the directions of the volunteers, even when lining up. Please cooperate and understand when the Masjid reaches the capacity.
- Inside the Masjid, please pray only at specially marked positions to ensure 2+ meter physical distancing.
- Please read and follow the guidelines above.
- Jumu'ah 1: doors open at 12:45pm, khutbah begins at 1:45pm, salah ends at 2:05pm, Masjid completely vacated at 2:15pm.
- Jumu'ah 2: doors open at 2:30pm, khutbah begins at 3pm, salah ends at 3:20pm, Masjid completely vacated at 3:30pm.
- Dawson street entrance will be closed.
Imam's live stream appears above at the following times. Please allow 2-3 minutes for the live stream to start, from the scheduled time.
- Sundays at 11:30am: Lessons on Aqeedah Live (Core beliefs of Islam). Recorded.
- Tuesdays at 8pm: Dars on Seerah Live (Biography of Prophet PBUH).
- Fridays at 1:45pm: Not available at this moment.
Recorded June 5th, during the 2pm Friday Live Stream
Sunday School Goes Online from June 5
Sunday School classes will resume online starting on June 5th insha Allah. Every level will have 5 classes in total (one class per week) in the period from June 5 to July 5.
- Level 1: Saturdays 9:45am–11:45am
- Level 2: Fridays 5:30pm–7:30pm
- Level 3: Sundays 9:45am–11:45am
- Level 4: Saturdays 12pm–2pm
- Level 5: Sundays 12pm–2pm
Classes will be conducted on Zoom. A personal invitation will be sent to the parent of every registered student.