Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu
May peace be upon you, and God's mercy and blessings
Click here to download and print this years Ramadan timetable. The first day of fasting is Tuesday April 13.
Masjid restrictions due to pandemic during Ramadan
- Please pray at home, and because of this difficult situation insha Allah you will be rewarded like praying in a masjid.
- During Ramadan the masjid will remain open for 15% capacity (only 100 brothers and 10 sisters) for all prayers including 3 Jumuahs and Salatul Isha followed by short Taraweeh. With this capacity, it is not possible for everyone to join. Management encourages you to pray at home. Note that we can't pray Salatul Isha outside the building because we can't turn on the speakers outside.
- We are not allowed to remove face masks while inside the Masjid, so please don't bring any food or drink inside.
- Masjid will open only a few minutes before each salah. If you pray Magrib at the Masjid, you should leave right away and pray your sunnah at home.
- Like before, the washrooms remain closed, and children under 15 years are not allowed.
Masjid Guidelines for April 3 onward
Alhamdulillah from April 3 onward the Masjid remains open for daily prayers but with very limited capacity: only first 100 people will be allowed to enter the Masjid as per public health guidelines. This is true even for Jumu'ah prayers, so it is recommended that people pray at home and insha Allah they would get hasanah for being considerate in this difficult situation.
- Jumu'ah 1: khutbah begins at 1:40pm, salah ends at 2:00pm.
- Jumu'ah 2: khutbah begins at 2:40pm, salah ends at 3:00pm.
- Jumu'ah 3: khutbah begins at 3:30pm, salah ends at 3:50pm.
Guidelines for all prayers (including Jumu'ah) at the Masjid
- Bring your own mask and prayer mat. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask, please pray at home.
- Come with Wudhu from home. Washrooms and wudhu areas are closed (except for emergencies).
- Please wear mask and maintain 2 meter physical distance at all times, even when in the parking lot.
- Only first 100 people will be allowed to enter the Masjid. Please cooperate and understand when the Masjid reaches the capacity.
- Please wear mask and maintain physical distances at all times, even when in the parking lot.
- Inside the Masjid, please pray only at specially marked positions to ensure physical distancing.
Your safety and well-being remain our top priority, and as such, we have put in place certain measures to ensure the health and well-being of our congregants in an effort to reduce and eliminate the possibility of the spread of the virus. We count on your continued cooperation and patience while we enforce these restrictions as per public health guidelines:
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of illness should not attend (fever, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, etc), even if it is a mild cold.
- Those with weak immune systems and those with with chronic medical conditions (emphysema, diabetes, asthma, heart condition, COPD, etc) should stay at home.
- We highly recommend that elders with any medical condition and children under 15 years old not attend and pray at home.
- Please pray at the marked positions only, and maintain 2 meter distancing at all times: no handshaking or hugging.
- We highly recommend that sisters pray at home.
- Please leave the Masjid property and parking lot promptly after end of congregational prayers. No socializing or hanging out please, and pray sunnah prayers at home.
The volunteers at the masjid intend to do their best to enforce the social distancing rules, mask wearing, and sanitization guidelines. Anyone not following these rules will be reported to authorities for putting the entire congregation at risk.
Disclaimer While safety of the community is of utmost priority, there is still some risk present with visiting the Masjid. Each individual bears responsibility for their own actions and the Masjid or its management will not be held liable for any complications arising from your visit to the Masjid.
- Please stay tuned for future live streaming events, inshaAllah. Many of the recorded live streams, over the last several weeks, are being put up on the Imam's YouTube channel, inshaAllah.
- Imam's YouTube channel: youtube.com/ourimam.
Future events will be announced inshaAllah..